- Explain the purpose and areas of responsibility of an Organizational Security Plan
- Explain the importance of security awareness for individual employees and the overall operation
- Identify potential security risks and apply appropriate mitigation strategies
- Outline the process for reporting security incidents
- Explain the basic operations of the key areas of physical security
- Priority area 3: Security awareness and training
Risk areas and potential mitigation measures to consider:
- Internal security training and awareness requirements (for management and for employees)
- How employees can report security concerns, incidents or breaches
- An Organizational Security Plan (OSP) must be submitted that includes the following information:
- Security awareness and training: A description of the steps that the proposed head of security intends to take to ensure that guests and all employees/contractors of the site are trained and aware of security requirements and procedures, including:
- Initial training and awareness for all new employees/contractors or targeted employee groups
- Ongoing training and awareness for all employees/contractors or targeted employee groups
- Security briefings for guests
- Creating a “Security First” culture
- Physical Security
- Course offered online and on demand
Did you know that you are required, under the Cannabis Act regulations, to have a security training plan for new and existing employees?
Under Appendix E: Organizational Security Plan SOP Priority Areas, Health Canada has identified four priority security areas that all applicants and licence holders will be expected to address through SOPs. The number of SOPs required is at the discretion of the applicant, but all four priority areas must be addressed.
Under 6.8 Physical security including organizational security plan, the Act states; requirements for physical security apply to all licence classes, but differ depending on the licence class, and subclass if applicable.
Choose Cannabis Compliance Inc. to expertly train your staff. We have developed an online training program that is available on demand and addresses all the required training areas as indicated in the Act. Upon completion of the course, students will be awarded a badge of completion. This badge is valid for one year from the date of issue, and its expiry serves as a reminder for employees to register for a refresher course.
Duration: 30-60 minutes
Tuition: $99 + tax
Suggested Background: None required
This badge represents that the student has achieved competency in the subject matter.